Take out the paste using stainless steel spatula. After cavity preparation place a temporary filling using a plugger or flat plastic instrument, compress tightly to the walls of the cavity. Remove excess paste and level the surface.
Warnings and precautions
- Before application of material, cavity walls should be accurately flushed and dried; precise cavity preparation has an influence on quality and leakproofness of restoration.
- Do not use the product for closing up insertions containing organic solvents or insertions which requires very strong and leakproff closure e.g. insertions with bleaching agent.
- Do not use the product in the case of hypersensitivity to the product constituents.
- Preparation hardens within 2 hours; during this time patient should abstain from food intake.
- Temporary filling due to lack of durability should remain in the tooth for 1 to 2 weeks.
Patients should be informed of the need to appear for another visit.
- Due to the properties of temporary materials that exhibit lower mechanical strength, microleakages and consequent reinfection are possible, which leads to the need for
- Few in vitro studies have been reported indicating the possibility of cytotoxic effects on tooth tissues of temporary materials based on calcium sulphate.